Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review: Alpha, Rachel Vincent

This blog contains spoilers.
Title: Alpha
Series: Shifters
Author: Rachel Vincent
Mass Market Paperback: 480 Pages
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: 10/1/10
ISBN: 978-0778328186

Description:
 

YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE FAYTHE… 

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we’ve been busy. But now it’s time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother’s death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It’s not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I’m heading for a final showdown that can—that will—change everything forever.

But life never waits until you're ready.

My Review:

Faythe, once again finds herself in trouble with the Council and now Jace, Marc, and herself are charged with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason.  On top of that, she has to revenge her brother's death and take down certain members of the Council.  If that isn't enough, once again the fight over Faythe continues between Jace and Marc.  

In Alpha, you find old friends coming to play, favors called in, death, and war.  With her family and her Pride at her side, can she come on top once and for all?

The last in the Shifter series had me sitting on the edge of my seat.  Alpha had it all.  Over the series I watch Faythe grow and become much more of an Alpha then I expected.  With sound advice from her father, she learned that her mother also, was between two men, and her father won.  That left the question whom would she choose my favorite Jace or the stray Marc?

When Faythe became Alpha she had some tough decisions to make and with help of her father's closest friends, she takes on her enemies.  Alpha had it's fair share of death, and at times, I dotted my eyes. 

Alpha was a great read just like the whole series, I was sad to read the final page of Alpha.  Rachel Vincent did a wonderful job creating her Werecat world.  All six books had me begging for more

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment